Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tea for Me.... and my Friends

Ann has been asking to have a tea party for weeks and I have been putting her off. I finally ran out of excuses this week and we invited friends to tea yesterday. The girls love to put on their princess costumes and play act as adults taking tea, this time Snow white and a Pirate Princess. The Pirate Princess (Kay) became a 'nude' Princess when she shucked her clothing shortly before our guests arrived. We went on to have a great tea without further incident. Our Menu included- Mini Ham Crescent Puffs, Cherry Chicken Salad, Cream Cheese and Strawberry Sandwiches, Deviled Eggs, Lemon Shortbread Cookies and Strawberry Cupcakes, all served with Stash Vanilla Chai Tea(very good). I am delighted to say that I made everything myself save the cookies.

Here is a recipe for the particularly easy Mini Ham Crescent Puffs-

1 (2.5 oz) pkg. processed ham
1 Tbs. Onion Onion seasoning from Tastefully Simple
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 c. shredded cheese (I used Mexican blend cheese that I had on hand)
1/8 tsp. course ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. mustard
Cooking spray
1 (8 oz.) pkg. crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop in food chopper. Place in bowl. Add Onion onion, egg, cheese, pepper, and mustard. Stir to combine. Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Unroll crescent rolls and press dough into one large rectangle. Cut rectangle into 24 pieces using a pizza cutter. Place dough pieces in mini muffin pan cups. place filling in cups. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment