Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Conservation


This year I resolved to help planet earth by making the switch from plastic grocery bags to reusable cloth.

For the past year or so, I have already been doing this with my library bags. The libraries in our area give out heavy duty, plastic bags to patrons each visit. When I began reusing the bags I at first got some rather strange looks. I then made the switch to the cloth bags about 6 months ago when one of the local library systems that I use got rid of the plastic bags all together. I have to say that I love the convenience of the bags, especiallly with two small children to keep track of. It is much easier to tuck the books in the sack, keeping my hands free to grab escaping children.

Now back to my grocery bag usage. This past week Walgreens had thier bags on sale 3/$1. What better time then this to have purshased bags? So I bought 6, the limit. Because the bags do not appear to be ultra washable I will still use plastic for meat products. So far I have made 2 trips to the grocery and have used the bags only one time. We will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment