Monday, August 10, 2009

Homeschool Kindergarten Here We Are!

We are underway on our homeschooling adventure. Thought I would take a few minutes and outline what our weekly schedule looks like.

Monday
Reading- We read level appropriate books together
Phonics- Phonics Pathways (love this simple, easy to use)
Writing- I Can Write
Math-Math-U-See alpha
Science- Dinosaur Lapbook, Hands of a Child
Bible - Christian Liberty Press Book A (pretty lengthy lessons for this age, so we use one lesson a week and review throughout the week)

Tuesday
Reading- Ann reads BOB books aloud
Phonics
Math
Science
Health- currently working on an All About Me lapbook (address, phone number, my family etc)
Art- Baby Lambs art book

Wednesday
Reading- I read to Ann, books relating to other things we are studying, above reading level
Phonics
Writing
Math
Health
Art

Thursday
Homeschool Cooperative Classes
This semester- Sing, Spell, Read, and Write, Cooking, Game Time, Children's Choir, Dr. Seuss

Friday
On Friday mornings I host a women's bible study in our home so I am going to keep this day for review, any tests that need taken, and fun activities in the afternoon.

We complete all of our schooling between 8:30 am and 12 noon, with the exception of Fridays. I will substitute social studies with the science when we are done with the dino unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment